Calorie Control Weight Management Formula
A review of the scientific literature strongly suggests that healthy life span may be greatly extended if we reduce the calorie burden our body is exposed to each day.1
While eating even a little less is helpful, most of us can benefit enormously if we consume supplements before meals that impede calorie absorption and favorably influence internal regulators of fat storage.
For instance, carbohydrates consumed without calorie inhibitors quickly pass from the stomach into the small intestine where they rapidly absorb into the blood. This causes a surge in blood glucose and insulin that adversely impacts our health.2 When gastric emptying into the small intestine is delayed (by certain calorie inhibitors), the rise in glucose-insulin is more gradual and carries fewer risks.
Inhibiting the amylase digestive enzyme that breaks down carbohydrates also blunts the effects of excess calorie intake— while augmenting programs designed to shed fat pounds.3 When a meal is ingested, bile acids and the lipase enzyme are released into the digestive tract where they facilitate the break-down and absorption of ingested fats. Compounds that bind to bile acids and/or neutralize lipase can impede the absorption of triglyceride-rich dietary fats.4,5 Some of these compounds also inhibit absorption through the intestinal wall by forming a viscous barrier around ingested foods.
Few people are aware of how many deadly excess calories they consume each day. Their bloodstreams are chronically bloated with glucose, insulin, and triglycerides long after a meal is eaten.6,7 This occurs not only because they absorbed too many calories, but because their internal regulators of fat storage are impaired as a consequence of aging. These individuals don't understand why they keep gaining weight even as they try to cut down on calorie intake and exercise more.
In response to mounting evidence that age-associated fat accumulation results from the loss of metabolic capacity to utilize ingested calories, a powdered drink mix has been designed with the following ingredients:
LuraLean® (propolmannan) – This proprietary fiber has been developed to swell in the stomach after ingestion with water to help reduce calorie consumption. Propolmannan binds to bile acids in the small intestine and helps transport them out of the body.8 These bile acids otherwise facilitate the digestion and assimilation of dietary fat into the bloodstream. LuraLean® propolmannan also slows the rapid emptying of ingested food into the small intestine, thereby reducing the surge of glucose entering the bloodstream.
The reason LuraLean® works better than other fibers is that its own enzymes have been removed, thus sparing it from degradation in the digestive tract.9-14 This enables LuraLean® to form a stable viscous barrier to help impede calorie absorption and maintain its sponge-like activity throughout the digestive tract. In placebo-controlled studies, LuraLean® (propolmannan) has induced moderate weight loss along with significant reductions in fasting lipid and post-meal glucose and insulin levels.15,16
White kidney bean (Phaseolus vulgaris) – The amylase digestive enzyme breaks down carbohydrates that are then absorbed into the bloodstream as glucose. Phaseolus vulgaris inhibits amylase and has produced significant weight loss and abdominal fat reductions.3,17,18
Irvingia gabonensis – Like white kidney bean, Irvingia has amylase-inhibiting properties.19 It also favorably regulates: leptin to decrease appetite and facilitate triglyceride removal from adipocytes; adiponectin to facilitate insulin sensitivity20 and glycerol-3-phosphate dehydrogenase to inhibit glucose from converting to triglyceride fat in adipocytes.21 Irvingia has demonstrated favorable weight loss results in placebo-controlled trials.20
Green tea phytosome – Aging results in a slowdown of resting energy expenditure. This means more calories we eat convert to stored body fat instead of being utilized for energy production. This proprietary green tea phytosome has been shown to absorb much better into the bloodstream than conventional green tea and induce 30.1 pounds of weight loss on average in 90 days when combined with a reduced calorie diet.22 Green tea polyphenols boost resting metabolic rate23 and help impede the lipase enzyme used to facilitate dietary fat breakdown.5
Importance of taking Calorie Control Weight Management Formula before heavy meals
Americans live in a state of denial as it relates to the effects of excess calorie ingestion. As a result, most have not yet accepted that they need to inhibit the absorption and effects of excess calories before the two heaviest meals of the day. Excess calories kill us in four different ways:
1. Even when we try to eat healthy, it is impossible to avoid mutagens that damage genes needed for healthy cell division.24,25 By reducing the total number of food particles that make it into our bloodstream, we reduce our overall systemic exposure to mutagens.
2. Excess calories cause our bloodstream to be consistently loaded with triglycerides, glucose, and insulin.6,7 This creates oxidative and inflammatory reactions that can preclude us from maintaining healthy vascular (endothelial) function and glycemic control.
3. Excess calories contribute to increased body fat storage, which can lead to systemic inflammation by means of pro-inflammatory factors produced by engorged fat cells.26
4. Genes that control how long we will live are influenced by blood glucose levels.27 By reducing the amount of glucose that surges into our bloodstream, we can more favorably control many of our longevity genes.
Once we accept the danger that each surplus calorie poses to our aging body, it becomes easy to understand the need to impede the absorption and effects of ingested foods by taking the Calorie Control Weight Management formula before the two heaviest meals of the day.
The new Calorie Control Weight Management Formula contains a double-dose of propolmannan (LuraLean®) used in the pilot trial of treatment-resistant individuals who shed almost 12 pounds on average after eight weeks.
This supplement should be taken in conjunction with a healthy diet and regular exercise program. Results may vary.
1. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2010 Jun 2.
2. Diabetes Obes Metab. 2008 Jan;10(1):18-33.
3. Altern Med Rev. 2004 Mar;9(1):63-9.
4. Curr Diab Rep. 2010 Feb;10(1):70-7.
5. J Nutr Biochem. 2000 Jan;11(1):45-51.
6. Klin Med (Mosk). 2009;87(11):17-24.
7. Circulation. 2002 Sep 3;106(10):1211-8.
8. Progress in Obesity Research. John Libbey & Company, Ltd., 1990:507-14.
9. Eur J Pharmaceut Biopharmaceut. 2009;72:453-62.
10. Agr Biol Chem. 1975;39(2):301-12.
11. U.S. Patent 3,856,945
12. U.S. Patent 3,928,322
13. U.S. Patent 3,973,008
14. U.S. Patent 3,767,424
15. Int J Obes. 1984;8(4):289-93.
16. Curr Ther Res. 1989 Nov;46(5):908-12.
17. Altern Ther Health Med. 2007 Jul-Aug;13(4):32-7.
18. Int J Med Sci. 2007 Jan 24;4(1):45-52.
19. Ann Nutr Metab. 1993; 37(1):14-23.
20. Lipids Health Dis. 2009 Mar 2;8:7.
21. Lipids Health Dis. 2008 Mar 31;7:12.
22. Integr Nutr. 2008;11(2):1-14.
23. Physiol Behav. 2010 Apr 26;100(1):42-6.
24. Available at: http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/ 10.1021/jf020302f. Accessed July 14, 2010.
25. Available at: http://www.food.gov.uk/safereating/ chemsafe/acrylamide_branch/. Accessed July 14, 2010.
26. Endocrinol Nutr. 2009 Oct;56(8):404-11.
27. Curr Alzheimer Res. 2007 Apr;4(2):153-7.
Serving Size 1 scoop (6.7 grams)
Servings Per Container 60
Amount Per Serving
LuraLean® propolmannan (Amorphophallus konjac K. Koch, ssp. Amorphophallus japonica) fiber extract (root)
Phase 2® Phaseolus vulgaris white kidney (bean) extract
Integra-Lean® Irvingia gabonensis proprietary extract (seed)
Tea Slender™ Green Tea Phytosome
Green Tea (Camellia sinensis) Phytosome decaffeinated extract (leaf) containing standardized green tea extract bound to phosphatidylcholine (from lecithin)
Other ingredients: maltodextrin, natural blueberry and pomegranate flavors, guar gum, malic acid, xanthan gum, citric acid, stevia leaf extract, grape skin extract.
Contains soybeans and tree nuts. Contains corn.
This product contains NO milk, egg, fish, peanuts, crustacean shellfish (lobster, crab, shrimp), wheat, yeast, gluten or rice. Contains NO sugar and no artificial sweeteners, flavors, colors, or preservatives.
Integra-Lean® Irvingia is protected by U.S. Patent No. 7,537,790. Other patents pending.
Phase 2® is used under license.
LuraLean® is a registered trademark of AHD International LLC.
Dosage and Use
Take one (1) scoop twice daily with 8 to 16 ounces of water 15 to 30 minutes before the heaviest meals, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Stir briskly and consume immediately.
Taking this product without enough liquid may cause choking. See choking warning.
Take at least two hours apart from medications. Because this product may lower blood glucose, consult with your healthcare provider before taking this product if you are taking blood glucose lowering medication.
CHOKING: Taking this product without adequate fluid may cause it to swell and block your throat or esophagus and may cause choking. Do not take this product if you are having difficulty swallowing. If you experience chest pain, vomiting, or difficulty in swallowing or breathing after taking this product, seek immediate medical attention.