Chocolate Molten Cakes
Don't overbake these decadent little desserts—they should be gooey in the centers.
6 tablespoons butter
2 ounces Ghiradelli unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
1 tablespoon CarbQuik low carb bake mix
2 large eggs, at room temperature
2 large egg yolks, at room temperature
8 packets sugar substitute
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Heat oven to 375º F. Generously grease four 6 ounce custard cups with shortening and dust with bake mix. Place cups on a baking sheet.
2. Melt butter and chocolate in a double boiler. Remove from heat; cool. Stir in bake mix. Transfer to a large bowl.
3. With an electric mixer on high, beat eggs, egg yolks, sugar substitute and vanilla until almost firm peaks form, about 4 minutes.
4. In three additions, fold egg mixture into chocolate mixture. Divide batter in cups.
5. Bake 8-9 minutes until toothpick inserted near edge comes out clean and inserted in center comes out with batter. Cool 3 minutes. Run knife around edge, turn upside down to release onto serving plates. Serve immediately
Carbohydrates: 7 grams
Net Carbs: 5 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Protein: 6 grams
Fat: 30 grams