(Recipe from Wise CHOice Cook-it-up Pudding Mix Package)
1. In quart (liter) bowl, combine 1 Tbs (15ml) mix, 2 Tbs (15-30ml) unsweetened cocoa, 1/8 tsp salt, breaking up all lumps.
2. Whisk in 3/4 cup (180ml) cold water until no lumps left.
3. Microwave until boiling, stirring frequently (or cook on stove top, stirring constantly).
4. Whisk in 1/4 cup (60ml) cream (or sour cream, coconut milk, etc.); flavor and sweeten to taste (start with 1 tsp vanilla plus 2-3 Tbs sugar equivalent, or 2-3 Tbs sugar-free syrup).
5. Serve warm or refrigerate, covered.
Suggestions: add egg yolk and/or butter for richness; replace part or all the water with coffee or fruit juice; add chopped nuts or coconut.
Per serving (using 2 Tbs cocoa and 4 Tbs heavy cream to make 2 servings):
Nutrition* (calculated by Mastercook): 145 calories; 11.7g fat; 6.3g carb (of which 3.5g is fiber); 3.9g protein--also provides 9% of Vit A and 16% of iron Daily Values *based on no-calorie sweetener