Holiday Pumpkin Pie
Ingredients for Pie Shell:
* 1 cup NOW almond flour*
* 1/4 cup Ideal Sweetener*
* 4 tablespoons butter, melted
Ingredients for Pumpkin Filling:
* 1 can Farmer's Market Pure Organic Pumpkin*
* 1/4 cup Original DiabetiSweet*
* 3 tablespoons DiabetiSweet Brown Sugar Substitute
* 2 Eggs, beaten slightly
* 3/4 cup Heavy Cream
* 1 teaspoon Singing Dog Vanilla Extract*
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 tsp Cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon Cloves
* 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
* 1/8 teaspoon Ginger
* 1/2 teaspoon Cardamom or Allspice (optional)
* 1/4 cup Da Vinci Sugar Free Pumpkin Pie Syrup*
Prepare pie shell: Melt butter in a small bowl. Add almond flour and Ideal Sweetener. Mix well. Press firmly into bottom and up sides of 8 or 9 inch pie plate and refrigerate until firm.
Preheat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, mix all filling ingredients in the order given. Use your own judgment about spices — some like a more cinnamon-y mix and others like less. This is your call, but amounts listed result in a rich, aromatic "classic" mix."
Pour mixture into prepared pie shell and place in preheated oven until center tests done (about 45-55 minutes — ovens vary.) Allow to cool completely before serving.
This pie must be kept refrigerated (there's no sugar to act as a preservative), but this pie is amazingly delicious!! Top with artificially sweetened real whipped cream if you like (I do!) This pie is at its best the 2nd day!
Makes 8 servings. 8 net carbs per serving.