Steak with Savory Blue Cheese Sauce
* 8 ounces good blue cheese, crumbled
* 1-3 clove garlic, chopped
* 2 tablespoons good dry white wine
* 1 dash ground red pepper
* 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
* 4 small New York strip steaks or rib eye steaks (about 1 inch thick, about 2 pounds)
* fresh ground pepper
* 1/4 cup water
* chopped parsley (for garnish)
In a medium skillet, combine cheese, garlic, wine, and red pepper over low heat.
Stir frequently until cheese melts.
Remove from heat and keep warm.
In large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat, and cook steaks to your liking, turning only once.
(About 4- 5 minutes per side will result in steak done to about medium)
Sprinkle pepper over steaks, remove from skillet and keep warm.
Add water to skillet and heat to boiling, stirring constantly to loosen browned bits.
Boil 2 minutes, then stir pan juices into cheese mixture.
Pour over steaks and sprinkle with parsley.